WHAT IS SELENIUM?
Selenium is an open source test automation framework which will allow you to automate web applications/websites in various browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer etc. Mainly it is used for automating web application for testing purposes, but you can do more than that.
You can automate boring web activities as well through selenium. Also, if you want to extract data/details from the website, you can do it through selenium.
WHAT I DID WITH SELENIUM?
- Automated 2000+ Regression Test Cases
- Automated Smoke Testing Test Cases
- Developed Selenium based tool to load data into web application
- Used to extract data from the website
- Developed simple framework to run test cases in proper manner
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE SUPPORT
BASIC THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW IN JAVA
- If loop
- For Loop
ADVANTAGES OF SELENIUM
- Speed: Run tests significantly faster than human users.
- Compatibility: Multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Allows cross browser testing (One test can be executed in multiple browser)
- Integration with third party tools such as ALM, JIRA etc
- Parallel execution